Editor: Thanks to Dave Ginsberg for compiling these.
1. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.”
2. “No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life’s change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new.”
3. “Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
4. “Everyone here has the sense that right now is one of those moments when we are influencing the future.”
5. “My favorite things in life don’t cost any money. It’s really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time.”
6. Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did something, they feel a little guilty because they didn’t really do it, they just saw something. It seemed obvious to them after a while. That’s because they were able to connect experiences they’ve had and synthesize new things.”
7. “Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me. Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful, that’s what matters to me.”
8. “Bottom line is, I didn’t return to Apple to make a fortune. I’ve been very lucky in my life and already have one. When I was 25, my net worth was $100 million or so. I decided then that I wasn’t going to let it ruin my life. There’s no way you could ever spend it all, and I don’t view wealth as something that validates my intelligence.”
9. “Technology is nothing. What’s important is that you have a faith in people, that they’re basically good and smart, and if you give them tools, they’ll do wonderful things with them.”
10. “I want to put a ding in the universe.”
Coming up at the next meeting…
Next Saturday on June 13th a panel of experts will discuss Yosemite. Have you tapped into its biggest features?
• 4 take home tips that you can begin using that day.
• Great ideas you can’t get anywhere else. A meeting handout that will be a useful tool.
• Raffle, who will win? Lots of prizes.
• Summer Webinar Workshops – Details Announced
|World Wide Developer Conference announcements on Monday